Listen to this if you have trouble sleeping the night before the game.
IN THE LOCKER ROOM
Breathe, Stretch, Shake, Let it Go
- Breathe. 4 in, 4 hold, 4 out, 4 hold repeat
- Stretch. We do this so you don’t look crazy shaking!
- Shake. As your are bent over stretching your hamstring, tense all your muscles – everything in your body – until you are shaking. Do this for 10 seconds. You don’t have to worry about breathing during this. And when you stand back up…
- Let it go… go loose.
Repeat: start your breathing again. Do this for 10 to 15 minutes while you are in the lay-up line.
MORE HELPFUL NOTES
- Make a quickcheck you are at 7.5 while you warm up.
- Start in close and then move out
- Dno’t worry about your form. No is the time to trust your hard work.
- On any miss in warmups, “Clear” it out and feel and see a Mental Swish.
(If you don’t know what this is you have to check out tbe full program and/or the Lock, Arc, Swish program)
IN GAME NOTES
Offense: Play at 7.5
Defense: Play at 8.5 on the ball/9.0 off the ball
Flood your mind
- If you are more kinesthetic or visualize, then flood your mind with mental swishes during time outs, between quarters, or even during free throws.
- If your mind is more verbal in nature, keep repeating positive the master mantra
- “I’m always in the zone, I’m always on fire.”
- This is very near to not thinking – it becomes a part of you. You can also repeat the Zone Manta: “No past, no future; no outcome, no results.”
THE SECRET/ZONE MANTRA
This is for more advanced players. It seems to really help once you have instilled into your body the idea 7.5 and and 8.5/9.0 mentality. And that relaxing before the game become second nature.
5 and 2 Drill
PRO-TIP 1: GO INTO THE DOME
PRO-TIP #2: THROWING PEBBLES
If you still feel pressure before the tip-top, stop doing the blackboard drill and substitute this instead.
PRO-TIP #3: THE POWER OF THE ALTER-EGO/SHADOW/SPIRIT ANIMAL TO CONQUER NERVOUSNESS